Thursday, August 16, 2007

Vancouver. The Arrival. The Preface.


8.10.2007

For those of you that know, I headed out to a Nieu Communities RoadTrip from August 10-18. I went into this only knowing that this ministry is meant to come alongside communities, cultures, and individuals to establish relationship, to share love, and to serve where there is a need.

Friends kept on asking me what it was exactly that I would be doing on this trip. To be completely honest, I didn't know what to expect. All I knew was that a few of us from RockHarbor: Marion, Deb, Jake, Jon and myself were going to meet up with anyone esle that had signed up for this trip to Vancouver.



After a 2 1/2 hour flight, we arrived. It doesn't look incredibly different. In fact, it looks a lot like different areas that California has. This should be great!!! Familiarity, but a sense of adventure. This is really what I thought. This is really what I thought was coming my way in the following week.

To set the scene for you, the first day consisted of this:
We arrived, got off the plane, explored the city, and met everyone. The team, great. Staff, great. Dinner and introduction preparing us (well, giving us glimpse, really) of what was to come.











Something I pondered before I went to bed (which, in turn, is really what turned to be out a huge truth that manisfested itself in this trip):


" God places His saints where they will bringt the most glory to HIm, and we are totally incapable of judging where that may be." -Oswald Chambers



Stay tuned. It gets insane.

No comments: